måndag 16 mars 2015

Tyranids Vs Astra Militarum 1750 pts Picture Batrep



Anders is back in Sweden and he brought some new toys, the Astra Militarum!
pretty much wysiwyg all the way, with a commisar and a psyker in the big unit of infantry, and led by Pask in a punisher backed up by a standard leman russ.


I tried out the Skytyrant formation, 2 units of 10 Gargoyles form up with a flying hive tyrant to form one unit. It's a sweet way to have a melee Tyrant on the ground that can still move fast (12" due to all being jump infantry, basically). Instead of taking Tyrant guard who will slow you down considerably.
the downside is that in Purge the alien, this is 3 VP, 4 because it's my warlord.... And of course we rolled Purge the Alien as the objective!

I tested using 2 Tyrannofexes with Rupture cannons, and I gotta say I loved them, but I can see enemy vehicles getting any form of cover save would make them nigh useless because they only fire two shots each at bs3, and while being s10, they're only ap4 so your best bet is to hope for weapon destroyed or stunned, shaken is good too against tanks that fire blast or template weapons.
They did take out Pask pretty quickly though!

I lost most my little gribbles really fast due to well, all the freaking guns AM can poop out.
My Gargoyles just made it into close combat with, just to finally die there, but hey. They delivered the Tyrant safely, and he ended up sweeping the entire unit a turn later, netting me 3 vp's!
But the tyrant later fell, and in the end I only had my big Tyrannofexes left and a single carnifex, as the game ended. I think it was something like 11-9 to Astra Militarum, it was a freaking bloodbath!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar