torsdag 12 februari 2015

Tyranid Swarm on the move!



my 1750 pts list for Sunday's game!

From left to right.

2 Carnifexes with scything talons & adrenal glands

5 warriors, talons and a Tyranid Prime with talons and rending claws, all of them have adrenal glands.

20 termagants

Another 20 termagants

A Zoanthrope

A Venomthrope (not in picture)

Flying hive tyrant in the skytyrant formation with 20 Gargoyles (here proxied as the all purple Gants)
the Tyrant has Talons and a stranglethorn cannon (& wings)

2 Tyrannofexes, acid spray and electroshock grubs

3 warriors, devourers and a barbed strangler

20 Hormagaunts (there's 30 in the picture, ooops!).

-----------------------------------------------------------


So this is my first game with my Nids (I have tried out Tyranids once in a 1k game).

I feel like I should have more synapse, but I might be ok, got 2 units of warriors, a zoe and the Hive Tyrant, I actually considered getting the Norn crown but it's so expensive I could almost fit another Zoanthrope instead!

The 2 Carnifexes are my main anti tank unit, with the Tyrannofexes being able to help out a little and the zoe could potentially warp lance something. Other than that it's mostly infantry mulching with Acid spray, Warriors, Hormagaunts and Termagants.

The Skytyrant formation works like this: A hive tyrant with wings joins two units of Gargoyles. They all become one unit and the Tyrant can make look out sir rolls on a 2+ to the Gargs. Pretty sweet, he can't fly but it's a faster alternative of a melee Tyrant over the Tyrant guard. And the Gargoyles can blind enemies in combat which miiiiight be nice if they pull it off. Going up against Astra Militarum on sunday so instead of boneswords I gave him a stranglethorn cannon.





1 kommentar: